What are the verbs of the word EAT?
Here is a list of definitions for eat.
- take in solid food; "She was eating a banana"; "What did you eat for dinner last night?"
- eat a meal; take a meal; "We did not eat until 10 P.M. because there were so many phone calls"; "I didn't eat yet, so I gladly accept your invitation"
- take in food; used of animals only; "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
- worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way; "What's eating you?"
- use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid; "The acid corroded the metal"; "The steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink"
What are the synonyms of the word EAT?
What is another word for EAT?. Here is a list of synonyms for EAT
Words beginning with EAT?
We only list the first 50 results for words beginning with EAT.
In which dictionaries does the word eat exist?
English International (SOWPODS) - Yes
English USA (TWL 98) - Yes
English USA (TWL 06) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2012) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2007) - Yes
Words with Friends (WWF) - Yes
Enable1 (ENABLE1) - Yes
Letterpress (LETTERPRESS) - Yes