Home / Define a Word / Definition of bit | What does bit mean?
Definition of bit | What does bit mean?
What is the definition of the word BIT?
Here is a list of definitions for bit.
- a small piece or quantity of something; "a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind"
- a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
- an instance of some kind; "it was a nice piece of work"; "he had a bit of good luck"
- piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding; "the horse was not accustomed to a bit"
- a unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit); the amount of information in a system having two equiprobable states; "there are 8 bits in a byte"
- a small amount of solid food; a mouthful; "all they had left was a bit of bread"
- a small fragment; "overheard snatches of their conversation"
- a short performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- the part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers
- the cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press; "he looked around for the right size bit"
What are the synonyms of the word BIT?
What is another word for BIT?. Here is a list of synonyms for BIT
Words beginning with BIT?
We only list the first 50 results for words beginning with BIT.
In which dictionaries does the word bit exist?
English International (SOWPODS) - Yes
English USA (TWL 98) - Yes
English USA (TWL 06) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2012) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2007) - Yes
Words with Friends (WWF) - Yes
Enable1 (ENABLE1) - Yes
Letterpress (LETTERPRESS) - Yes