Home / Define a Word / Definition of sit | What does sit mean?
Definition of sit | What does sit mean?
What are the verbs of the word SIT?
Here is a list of definitions for sit.
- be seated
- be around, often idly or without specific purpose; "The object sat in the corner"; "We sat around chatting for another hour"
- take a seat
- be in session; "When does the court of law sit?"
- assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
- sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions; "She never sat a horse!"; "Did you ever ride a camel?"; "The girl liked to drive the young mare"
- be located or situated somewhere; "The White House sits on Pennsylvania Avenue"
- work or act as a baby-sitter; "I cannot baby-sit tonight; I have too much homework to do"
- show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
- serve in a specific professional capacity; "the priest sat for confession"; "she sat on the jury"
What are the synonyms of the word SIT?
What is another word for SIT?. Here is a list of synonyms for SIT
Words beginning with SIT?
We only list the first 50 results for words beginning with SIT.
In which dictionaries does the word sit exist?
English International (SOWPODS) - Yes
English USA (TWL 98) - Yes
English USA (TWL 06) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2012) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2007) - Yes
Words with Friends (WWF) - Yes
Enable1 (ENABLE1) - Yes
Letterpress (LETTERPRESS) - Yes