What is the definition of the word SCENE?
Here is a list of definitions for scene.
- the place where some action occurs; "the police returned to the scene of the crime"
- an incident (real or imaginary); "their parting was a sad scene"
- the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
- a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
- a situation treated as an observable object; "the political picture is favorable"; "the religious scene in England has changed in the last century"
- a subdivision of an act of a play; "the first act has three scenes"
- a display of bad temper; "he had a fit"; "she threw a tantrum"; "he made a scene"
- graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept; "he painted scenes from everyday life"; "figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment"
- the context and environment in which something is set; "the perfect setting for a ghost story"
- the painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale; "they worked all night painting the scenery"
What are the synonyms of the word SCENE?
What is another word for SCENE?. Here is a list of synonyms for SCENE
Words beginning with SCENE?
We only list the first 50 results for words beginning with SCENE.
In which dictionaries does the word scene exist?
English International (SOWPODS) - Yes
English USA (TWL 98) - Yes
English USA (TWL 06) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2012) - Yes
Collins Scrabble Words (CSW2007) - Yes
Words with Friends (WWF) - Yes
Enable1 (ENABLE1) - Yes
Letterpress (LETTERPRESS) - Yes